College Coaches Corner:
College Planning Guidance for 7th-11th Grade Students:
At EDFIN College Planning Experts we believe college success begin in 8th. We have some advice and resources to help you wherever you are in the process.
7th through 8th grade Students:
It’s not easy to mentor and coach yourself through middle school or high school.
That’s why EDFIN has developed a foundation mentoring and coaching program to help you.
1. The foundation to high school success begins in middle school. Begin as early as 8th for preparing for college.
2. Developing Study Skills
3. Discovering your strengths, likes, interests, what your most passionate about.
4. Discover your values and why they are important to you.
5. Motivations, who or what motivates you.
At EDFIN College Planning Experts our Pre-Assessments, Personality/Career Assessments are designed to help you with an individualized college plan geared towards your success and gets results.
9th-11th Grade Students
1. Once you reach high school, the processes for preparing for the college application processes and ultimately choosing one school that will be the best fit for you, considering deadlines for Federal, State and Institutional, it crucial to your high school and college success.
2. Meet with your school counselor early and often. Your counselor is a great resource to help plan your high school class schedule and recommend colleges for you to consider.
3. Begin preparing for the SAT and ACT by taking practice exams available online through the College Board and ACT testing service.
Get involved! Participating in extracurricular activities makes you a well-rounded applicant and teaches you how to manage your time, work with others, and more.
4. Explore college majors. Penn State offers a Major Quest tool to help review the more than 275 majors we offer.
5. Begin researching colleges that interest you and plan to visit them.
7th-8th Grade Students
Even though high school graduation is years away, it’s not too early to start thinking about what you want to do after high school. We realize you have big decisions to make, and we want to help you begin to make plans for the future. The first step in career planning is getting to know you:
1. What do you like?
2. What is your favorite subject in school?
3. Do you enjoy spending time with people?
4. Are you the president of a club?
5. Are you organized?
Answering those questions can help you determine what career path might be right for you. Here are some additional resources to help guide you in the right direction.
As College Planning Experts for twenty-seven years, helping thousands of high school families just like you prepared for the one of the most important decision you will make in your life - Preparing for College. Get started with a Complimentary consultation by calling 951-261-9799 WWW.EDFINCOLLEGEPLANNINGEXPERTS.COM